Today on the blog we’ve got sangria: reloaded. You may not be the biggest fan of white wine but sangria in all forms, as most wine-lovers can agree, is a godsend. Though if you’re still not about that white wine life, you can check out this similar recipe we did a while back with red wine as the base.
As is the norm for Nairobi, we go through all types of weather in a single day but somehow the stars seem to align over the weekend to give us a few blissfully sunny days… Don’t take them for granted—remember, global warming is still at play—make this white wine Sangria this weekend, grab your favourite book and enjoy the sun while it’s still around!
WHITE WINE SANGRIA
- 2 bottles soda water/tonic
- double shot brandy
- 3 large oranges
- 5 limes
- 500ml white wine (sweet or dry depending on your preference)
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 pack of raspberries
- sugar (optional)
1. Slice the oranges, limes and passion fruits. Freeze half the raspberries, to use as garnishing when serving the sangria.
2. Place the fruits in a bowl then pour in the wine, tonic and brandy. At this point you can also add a tablespoon of sugar if you used dry wine.
3. Cover up the bowl with cling film and let the mixture sit for at least 6 hours. We left ours overnight.
5. Place the orange slices in the wine glasses and add the frozen raspberries. Garnish with a lime slice and a raspberry. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
— CICI and Ivy xxx