I know, I know…you’re probably looking through this post, hot beverage in hand, wondering why anyone would be drinking iced tea right now.
Well, there’s a couple things to take into consideration.
Firstly, it’s dropped several degrees in the past couple of weeks (since Cici and I cooked up this recipe). I can’t be the only person who forgot how cold June can be, I mean we’ve practically been in an oven for the first half of the year.
Secondly, we are about 140 or so kilometres from the equator…and let’s not forget global warming! Which means the odds of having one warm sunny Saturday aren’t that far off. So maybe just bookmark the recipe for later. ?
PREPARATION: 20 MIN
CHILLING TIME: 30 MIN – 1HR
- 4 tea bags
- 1.5 litres of hot water
- 3 large passion fruits/6 ordinary sized ones + ¼ cup water
- One small bunch of mint leaves
- 2/3 cup honey
- Ice cubes
1. In a heat proof jug, place the tea bags and pour in the hot water then set aside to seep.
2. To extract the passion juice, separate the flesh from the seeds by slightly blending the passion fruit with the water, carefully avoiding grinding the seeds. You can also do this by whisking thoroughly using a whisk or fork. Sieve the mixture into a saucepan.
3. Add honey and some mint leaves into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil until it just begins to thicken into a syrup. (Feel free to add as much honey as you prefer.) Set the mixture aside and let it cool.
4. Remove the tea bags from the jug and add the passion mint syrup while stirring, to mix well.
5. Place the jug in the fridge to chill.
6. Once cool and ready, serve with mint leaves and ice cubes. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
— CICI and Ivy xxx
FlorenceJune 11, 2019
I want the serving thingie..jar! It brings out the iced tea kabisa! Another very doable recipe…thanks!
IvyJune 11, 2019
Haha! I’ll talk to mum about the jug.
You’re welcome! And let us know how it goes.
SamJune 12, 2019
Your passion for good food is unmatched. I appreciate your efforts, lady Ivy.
IvyJune 12, 2019
Thank you for your lovely comment! ?