Happy New Year! (Don’t judge me, it’s still allowed until the end of January – LOL!)
It’s the first blog post of 2019! I’ve done this recipe countless times after discovering it last year but I’ve only just realized that I never wrote up a blog post. It’s my go-to when I need to lift my spirits—well after lemon/raspberry crepes, that is, or when I need a fibre boost. Better yet, it’s really great for meal planning your breakfasts, especially when you have busy mornings or love your sleep a bit too much, like me.
If you watch my Instagram stories, you already know I make this recipe a whole bunch of times! ?
I’ve shared it privately with friends and family and they’ve all put their own spin to it! Be it adding or substituting different elements like the nuts or fruits. This is really just a basic oat crumble recipe. Try it out and let me know how it goes!
OAT APPLE CRUMBLE
For the apple filling:
- 5 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice or water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
For the oat crumble:
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- handful of raisins/sultanas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/z cup brown granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the apple filling ingredients together in an oven dish.
- Mix all the ingredients for the oat crumble together. Place over the apple filling.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for an additional 15 minutes once done.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or cold yogurt and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
— CICI and Ivy xxx