Heya peeps! It’s December already! Which (apart from Christmas of course??) means it’s food-filled family get togethers, relaxing vacations and good weather all-round. Today, we’ve got a quick-n-easy chicken recipe on this edition of #cookingwithCICI. Now i’m going to ask a very serious question; have you ever tried cooking chicken with yogurt? If not, you’ve been missing out. CICI prepared a similar dish for me once and my taste-buds were in heaven! This coming from a chicken-lover who’s tasted as many varying chicken dishes as they possibly could. We tweaked her recipe a little bit and voila! You’ve got ‘A-lot-to-handle chicken’. It pairs really well with the avocado cumin rice dish. I mean, avocado is good in literally everything. ?
If you’re looking for a meal to impress your judgy aunties (who think you’re totally inept at anything in the kitchen) at your next family function, this is just what you need—haha! Try it out and let us know what you think.
A-lot-to-handle Chicken Curry
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic crushed
3 tsp of sugar
1 green capsicum cut into strips
2 tomatoes roughly sliced
1 large onion roughly chopped
2 cups plain yoghurt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dhana jeerah
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1. Cut the chicken into cubes and, in a bowl, marinate it for 30 minutes. (Marinade: soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and crushed garlic)
2. Keep the marinade aside. Lightly oil a saucepan and cook the chicken till it looses its liquid.
3. Add in the onions and fry till tender and slightly clear. Reduce the heat.
4. Add in all the spices, stir and cover for about 2 minutes.
5. Add in the tomatoes and green capsicum then cover again for 2 minutes. Stir and pour in the marinade(you can sieve out the garlic) cook for a minute.
6. Finally pour in your plain yogurt and coat the chicken well. Cook for a few minutes in low heat. Serve hot.
Avocado Cumin Rice
1 and a half cups of rice
1tsp whole cumin seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
Half tsp salt
1. Cook the rice and set aside. Alternatively, you can use leftover rice.
2. Chop your avocado into cubes and mash it up. Add in a mixture of the cumin seeds, salt, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Mix it well.
3. Add in your cooked rice, a little at a time. Mix till the rice is well coated.
4. Serve warm and enjoy.
Feel free to like, share this post or drop a comment down below.
— CICI and Ivy xx
Eric GDecember 7, 2017
That food looks too yummy!? Especially the chicken
Even though I’m anti-avocado.
IvyDecember 8, 2017
Heya Eric! Haha, once you try this, you’ll definitely be PRO-avocado. 🙂
Saucy FlairDecember 7, 2017
Pack me some! I’m moving in…
IvyDecember 8, 2017
Haha! You’re very welcome Tiffany! 🙂 🙂
MabelleDecember 11, 2017
Ladies, we need agree on studio/kitchen audience for all cooking’s….(!)
IvyDecember 19, 2017
Haha i’ll take that into consideration. 🙂