Can anybody guess why today is a very special day? Well…it’s Kenyan Belle’s first anniversary! I can’t believe that I have been blogging for a whole year now. It feels like I’ve been doing it my whole life -haha!
I am extremely thankful to all of you readers for sticking with me all through. Please stay tuned! There’ll be more and more to come on this journey. So in celebration, here’s a recipe for some absolutely yummy fluffy pancakes. ?
Fluffy Pancake recipe
- 4 heaped tablespoons of self raising/ mandazi flour
- ¼ tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter/ margarine
- 1 heaped tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla essence
- ¼ cup milk
1. Melt butter and set it aside to cool.
2. In a bowl beat eggs well until they look slightly frothy then add the sugar, baking powder, vanilla essence and cinnamon. Mix until evenly distributed.
3. Add the melted butter to the egg mixture and beat again.
4. Lastly, add the self raising flour one tablespoon at a time. Pour in the milk in between adding flour to prevent the batter from becoming too thick. Increase the amount of milk till the batter is smooth and runny but not a watery consistency.
5. Cook on a medium to hot pan lightly greased with butter, using 1 to 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake.
6. Cook until the pancakes are brown on one side and around the edges then flip and brown the other sides.
7. Serve hot and enjoy with honey, maple syrup, chocolate sauce or sprinkled with icing sugar.
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
—CICI and Ivy xxx