I hope your 2017 is blooming. For the first post of the year, we thought we’d do an absolutely scrumptious bacon, guacamole and cheese sandwich that we stumbled upon on Pinterest. ? It’s just the right type of snack to fill your sunny weekend kicking it with friends. And with the recent avocado revolution that’s been going on (I can’t be the only one who’s heard about the all avocado everything restaurant that’s opening in Amsterdam, can you say BUCKET LIST?! Check out their Instagram page here and begin drooling.??) , this definitely hits the spot for all self-proclaimed avocado lovers out there —CICI and I included! Now, please note that this is not our recipe -as much as we wish it could be! ? We thought we might as well try our own version of it with products available locally. It belongs to Closet Cooking. Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- ½ a small onion
- 1 Avocado
- 6 Bacon strips
- Salted Tortilla chips
- butter (we ended up using Blueband as it spread better than the butter – probably because we didn’t remove the butter from the fridge in time to let it cool ?)
- Cheddar cheese
1. Fry the bacon until nice and crispy.
2. Chop the tomato and onion. Peel and cut the avocado into slices.
3. Blend the onion, tomato and avocado lightly until you get a creamy guacamole consistency.
4. Grate the cheddar cheese. It should be roughly one cup of cheese.
5. Crush the Tortilla chips with your wrist to crumble it.
6. Spread the Blueband on one side of each slice.
7. Place the slice of bread with the ‘buttered’ side facing the pan (over medium heat). Then place a little cheese over it, followed by two bacon strips per slice of bread. Then place the crushed tortilla chips, followed by the guacamole and then the grated cheese. Finally, place the other slice of bread on top, with the ‘buttered’ side facing up.
8. Carefully turn the sandwich over after 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
— CICI and Ivy xxxx
CiciJanuary 20, 2017
The pics turned out looking so good
IvyJanuary 20, 2017
Thank you!! ☺️
Wa NjeriJanuary 20, 2017
Great work Ivy
IvyJanuary 22, 2017
Thank you Wa Njeri! ?
Katie ThuoJanuary 21, 2017
Amazing Stuff ????
IvyJanuary 22, 2017
Hey Katie! Thank you ☺️☺️
jerome chris omondiJanuary 31, 2017
The colour itself makes someone salivate.looking YUMMY… awesome stuff, Ivy
IvyFebruary 3, 2017
Thank you Jerome! 🙂
JeanFebruary 17, 2017
Heh!! I’m just going through everything nicely now!!! 🙂
IvyFebruary 17, 2017
Haha Hey Jean!
Yes, you do that! Share it too. 🙂
BrianMarch 19, 2017
Maan ! ..that sandwich looks Good ?…
Hope there are more of these to come ?.
IvyMarch 21, 2017
Hey Brian! It was really tasty. Don’t worry, more will come! 🙂
JaelMarch 30, 2017
Trying this tomorrow…It was so bam? the first time…I hope I live up to it ?