I love oatmeal, it’s good for pretty much everything. You can cook it on its own and have it for breakfast, you could add it into a smoothie and you can even bake cakes and cookies with it. With so many health benefits, i fail to understand how people dislike this yummy goodness…but i guess some things just aren’t for everyone.? Anyhow, in an attempt to make all oatmeal-haters (you know who you are?) change their minds, we came up with a super delicious blueberry oatmeal cookie recipe that will surely change how people look at oatmeal. Well, at least i hope it does! You can find the recipe below, try it out and let us know what you think.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 24 cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of one lemon
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oc.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and both sugars (1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar).
NB: You can make powdered sugar by grinding your normal sugar.
4. Beat the eggs one at a time and then mix in the vanilla.
5. Stir in the flour mixture then stir in the oats and blueberries.
6. Spread some butter (or Blueband) on the baking tray to prevent the cookie dough from sticking then using 1 ½ tablespoon, heap the cookie dough onto the baking tray and try spreading it evenly. The cookies should be at least 1 inch apart.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookie edges begin to turn golden brown.
8. Once ready, carefully set aside the cookies and let them cool. Meanwhile, prepare your lemon glaze by mixing powdered sugar and lemon juice according to your desired consistency. (The use of the glaze is optional especially for those who would prefer to do without the acidic/tangy taste of the lemon).
9. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cookies and let them sit until the glaze has hardened.
10. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Don’t forget to like, comment and share!
— CICI and Ivy xxxx