If you’ve been wondering what tasty snack to whip up for you and your friends or family over the next get-together, look no further. This hot & sweet chicken taco and guacamole combo is your answer! There’s just something special about Mexican food. It always looks so inviting. Suddenly, your fears about having bowel problems because of all the spices disappear the minute you have that first bite – or maybe that’s just me.?
Cici and I had a blast making this snack. Read on if you want to learn how to make them, if not, look at the pictures -they’ll have you craving for some tacos in no-time.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
For the Taco Filling:
- 700g Chicken (cut into cubes)
- 12 taco shells
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- 4 tsp sweet corn
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the seasoning:
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
For the salsa:
- 4 tbsp Tomato sauce/ ketchup
- 4 tbsp of chilli sauce
- 5 tbsp Sour cream
For the Guacamole:
- 3 avocados
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the chicken cubes. Cook until the chicken turns whitish in colour.
2. In a cup of water, mix all the seasoning ingredients. Add this mixture to the chicken in the saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the honey and the BBQ sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
4. When the chicken is cooked, add sweet corn, stir and turn off the heat.
5. Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 150°c and place the taco shells open-side down on the tray. Heat for 15 minutes.
6. Chop and dice the onions and tomatoes. Cut the lettuce leaves into thin strips.
7. In a small bowl mix the sour cream, tomato sauce and chilli sauce to make the salsa.
8. Peel and cut the avocado into small pieces. Mix together with tomatoes and onions to make the guacamole.
9. Layer the chicken followed by lettuce in the taco shells, drizzle the sauce at the top.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like, share and comment guys! Let us know if you’ve tried out the recipe. ?
-Ivy and CICI xx
FloJuly 31, 2016
Craving! Well done!
PatrickJuly 31, 2016
Already salivating!!!!!!??.This is a must try!!!!!
CiciJuly 31, 2016
Tasty! Tasty!! Babe…imagine i’m actually salivating now haha..
JoanneJuly 31, 2016
IvyJuly 31, 2016
Haha! These tacos would definitely satisfy that hunger.?
wachiraJuly 31, 2016
gosh id eat my screen right about now!!!
IvyJuly 31, 2016
Hey Wachira! I’m glad you like it ?
MabelleJuly 31, 2016
Mum, so nyummy that as I check into my Kampala hotel, I am having issues as to what I should order for my tummy and taste buds….
I will sambaza this link to the chef.
IvyJuly 31, 2016
Hey Dad! I’m glad you like it, i must make them for you when you get back to Kenya.☺
Wa NjeriJuly 31, 2016
looks so appealing to me……thats me….(yawns)already hungry
YvonneJuly 31, 2016
This looks so good and uber easy to make too. Can’t wait to try it out.
IvyAugust 1, 2016
Thank you, it really is easy to make! 🙂
jeromeAugust 1, 2016
My jaws are aching.. lol
I think I should now call for a get-together…
Awesome work…keep up the spirit
IvyAugust 2, 2016
Thank you! 🙂
BlessingAugust 2, 2016
On my way!!!!… Damn
IvyAugust 4, 2016
Haha you might be too late!?
ZeshariAugust 9, 2016
I am soooooo gonna try this 🙂 🙂
IvyAugust 10, 2016
Hey Zeshari, you definitely should! 🙂