Have you stopped trying new recipes? Still baking banana bread? Nope? Yeah, I figured as much. Here’s a pretty quick brunch meal to shorten your cooking time (& eating time). Shakshouka 2.0 is the egg dish you never knew you needed. Plus, you can always put your own spin on it. Add veggies, add meats, add your own favourite cheeses. It’s still gonna be hella tasty, try it out on your next brunch!
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 mixed herbs
- Sprinkle of herbal sea salt
- 3 tomatoes blanched and grated
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 hotdog
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Spring onion for garnish
1. Fry onions and garlic over medium heat in a pan with Olive oil. Add honey and cook until onions are starting to brown.
2. Add in tomatoes followed by the spices.
3. Stir and cover with a lid for one minute to allow tomatoes to cook for a bit. Add in the chopped hotdog and leave to cook for another minute.
4. Make two holes in the tomato sauce where you want your eggs to be, pour them in (sprinkle sea salt over the eggs).
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the tomato/hot-dog mixture.
6. Turn the burner to its lowest setting and cover the pan with a lid. Leave to cook until you preferred level of “cooked” egg. (I like mine slightly runny so I kept it 2 minutes.)
7. Once it’s done, garnish with chopped spring onions or dhania.
8. Serve hot with toast.
Stay safe & above all else, don’t lose hope.