Once in a while, you really feel the urge to eat some tasty and authentic pasta meal but you just never have the time to cook it, or the money to go to a fancy Italian restaurant (student budget struggles ?). That’s where one pot meals come in handy. It is the quickest and easiest dish we’ve prepared so far yet the results are beyond amazing. CICI and I got to give in to our cheese cravings and at the same time completely enrich our palates, with a few minutes to spare!
Keep reading to find out how you can make the dish. If you’d rather just look at the pictures, that’s okay too…they will definitely tantalize your taste-buds.?
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• Fettuccine pasta or macaroni
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 ½ cups cooked chicken cut into strips (from 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts)
• 1 cup cream
• 2 cups chicken broth (see below)
• ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
• 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
• Salt and pepper to taste
NB: You can make your own chicken broth as you cook the chicken. Here is the recipe to make the broth.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts (same chicken will be cut into strips after making the broth)
- salt according to preferred taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chicken curry
- 4 cups of water
1. Peel and chop the carrots and onion.
2. In a saucepan pour in all the ingredients for the broth, cover and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Keep an eye on it till the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool.
4. Allow the broth to simmer on low heat for a few more minutes then remove from the heat.
5. Sieve to remove the vegetables and keep the broth for the pasta.
Method for the Alfredo:
1. In a large saucepan, place the fettuccine at the bottom followed by the garlic and the shredded chicken. Pour in the chicken broth, the cream then the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the mixed herbs on top.
2. Cover the saucepan for 5 minutes on medium heat. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes on medium-to-high heat while stirring occasionally so that it does not burn or stick to the pan.
3. When almost ready, stir in the crumbled bacon then add the black pepper and salt to taste.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Cheers! Don’t forget to like, comment and share.
– CICI and Ivy xxx